Wednesday, March 4, 2009

All Smiles


I told Gavin I wouldn't blog his picture until he had a chance to show his Grandma in person his new smile. Just after we got home from Christmas break Gavin lost both of his front teeth within a week. I just look at him and think "you can't be this old already, you just can't." and then tears start welling up. Well, Gavin couldn't be more proud of his smile.







Hey Shelley, where do you think they learned how to sleep like this? I always sleep with my hands above my head. It must be hereditary because Autumn does it too.
Gavin and Noah catching some ZZZZZ's






Here's a pic of Dave's Birthday cake. What else besides Grasshopper Pie. I have made this for his Birthday for as long as I can remember. He hides it from the kids and eats the whole thing himself. I guess for your own birthday you can have your cake and eat it too!






This is a picture of our Valentines dinner party. I had each of our kids (Dave and I too) make Valentines( and they couldn't come to dinner until their cards were made -got to motivate some how) for everyone else at the table. Then we came to dinner and exchanged cards. The cards were so funny. Then we watched the Little Mermaid. After the movie Autumn went to bed and the rest of us played a mean game of Monopoly!!!! I don't know what thrilled Gavin and Noah more: beating Dave and I at Monopoly or staying up until 11:30!






Gavin was the only one who didn't have his valentines finished for dinner so here he is making his "green" valentines. He couldn't bear the thought of pink, purple or even red(guy thing). His valentine was actually very thoughtful. What a fun night we had.






On Valentines Day I made a treasure hunt for the kids to find their Valentine Treasures. One of Autumn's Treasures was a case of hand sized Disney story board books. Next day, I was cleaning up lunch and I kept wondering what Autumn was doing, I had that little buzz in the back of my head that some thing wasn't just right, just a little to quiet. So I went on my own treasure hunt to find what my daughter was up to. I found her in the play room with her new little Disney boards books all lined up in a tidy row with a dab of ketchup on each one. My motto is "When you feel upset grab your camera, it makes you feel better when you take a picture." (I promise it really works.) What a beautiful creation. I mean look at that smile, she was really proud of her work. One last thing to say, Oxyclean- I Love You!!!

1 comment:

Kari Clark said...

ketchup moments - you hate to love them!