Friday, March 6, 2009

Bon Voyage!! Day 3 Belize

If there was one day I could have brought the kids with us it would have been to the Belize. The wild life here was pretty incredible. I kept thinking of how Gavin and Noah would name all the animals names because they think they're Diego. These black loops in the trees are actually Howler Monkeys basking in the sun.



Yes, you all know what this is.




I have no idea what the name of this bird is but, I like how he's walking on lily pads.




We were traveling to the ruins in a boat and here are these 3 fisherman in a boat lip that is 4 inches off the water. Our little cruiser boat had to slow down so the wake wouldn't tip their boat over.






Look close there are 4 Sap Wing Bats on this tree.




You just got to love this Iguana, he was huge.






This ruin is called the High Temple. Dave and I climbed to the top which wasn't bad but going back down was scary. It took some concentration to not freak myself out.




Looking down from the top of High Temple ruin.



So I let Dave play "apostate Nephite" and let him sacrifice me on the High Temple.





This Mask Temple Ruin is amazing.



Yeah, I don't know.



The Jaguar Temple




I don't know if you can tell or not be we are sitting in front of the Jaguar Temple. All these temples were just a few minutes waking distance away. I wonder why they needed such big structures so close to each other.


Here we are enjoying some entertainment in the Spitaker Lounge on the Ship. (After of course we made our nightly stop at the ice cream parlor.)




Finding these cute little creations on our bed with chocolate and the next day's itinerary was sweet. I'd eat the chocolate and Dave's too while reading the next day's events.

2 comments:

Kari Clark said...

Once again - I'm so jealous!

Krissy said...

what a fun trip!!! I too am jealous!!