Monday, March 23, 2009

Loved "Leta"

Prepped and ready to go. We've waited for this day to come. We voted for David every Tuesday when he was on American Idol. We've been playing his songs so we can sing along with David. I asked Gavin what his favorite song is and he responded, "A Little too Not Over You." Perfect. Just what every seven year old's favorite song should be. Mine, ummmm probably You Can, yeah You Can, so good!



This is what we saw when we went to pick up our tickets from will call. We walked down line turned and then another 3/4 block of people beyond this line to get our tickets and then back again to get line for our concert Gavin and I had been waiting for- David Archuleta.




It started to down pour when we were in line. Luckily we had my jacket to keep the rain at bay. If anybody thought mormons were crazy seeing us all in line getting drenched to watch some teeny-bopper singer, we just proved we are crazy!!

Waiting ever so patiently to watch his favorite singer. Gavin wasn't to crazy about the intro rocker singer and was ready to leave until David came out singing. Gavin got fired up and was singing right with him. A couple times I grabbed Gavin and lifted him up high so he could wave at David. We were only 30 feet away!! I loved looking at Gavin's expression when he was watching/singing with "Leta" great time, even though I had a sore throat. (Turns out that I have strep throat!! Thank goodness for narcotics and antibiotics- I love you.)


I snuck a couple of pictures. I say snuck because all the bouncers said they would take away any flash cameras they saw. Cell phones-OK no cameras! I think they were really good at threatening, no one took my camera. Here he is. Great singer, just as cute as he was on AI.



Loved it, worth the money paid, standing in the rain, and enduring the first singer (sorry Leslie Roy, no wonder that night was your last night on tour with David.)



Thanks "Leta" for your awesome concert. Gavin and I had a great time even though I was prepared with a sharpie to have you sign Gavin's tee shirt and we didn't get that done, other than that we had a fun night listening to you and singing along with you.





No, it's not me!! Dave says he can't believe he has a wife that would do such a thing.
Just watch and you'll know what I'm talking about.

5 comments:

shelley said...

How fun! My kids like David Archuletta too :) They are Radio Disney fans so we really get to hear all the teeny (TEENY) bopper music! :)

Holly said...

You are so funny! Enduring the rain and strep? You're a true fan:o)

Kari Clark said...

How Fun!! Gavin will always remember that, and think: man, my Mom is the coolest! Peace out, Leta!

Maddy said...

You are such a cool mom!!!

Bell Blog said...

I remember my first concert only it wasn't as cool. No David Archuletta, we went to Neil Diamond baby!